Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 2 - Meteor Crater & Albuquerque, NM

Day 2 was mainly spent driving almost 500 miles from Kingman, AZ to Albuquerque, NM. We stopped at Meteor Crater National Monument along the way, which was pretty cool. Tomorrow we are leaving to drive about 400 miles to Canon City, Colorado and staying there for two days. Here are a few pics:
Mom cooking up some dinner - salmon, corn, green beans, and rice.



Sunset in New Mexico tonight


Dad & I uploading our pictures....




Mom & Dallas all strapped in for the rough driving of Shelley!



Dallas & I taking a little self portrait.





Panoramic picture of Meteor Crater National Monument.




Driving on I-40 East in New Mexico



Dallas & Bob taking a snooze...


Shelley & Hatsue checking out Meteor Crater from an observation deck.


My parents and I posing at the fake crater backdrop!





3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having fun! Love that Shelley is driving the RV! I am sure she ROCKS driving it!!!

    Safe travels!! :)

    Darce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have let you borrow my doggy car seat...yes I do have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're inspiring us to take a road trip Shawn! Please keep posting often. James and I love reading about your travels!

    ReplyDelete