We are currently in Brigham City, Utah (just outside of Ogden). We're staying the night, then off to St. George, Utah, and finally get home on Tuesday evening. Here are some highlights from the past couple days:
- Day 10 - 11 we were in Yellowstone Nat'l Park. We say many waterfalls and wildlife. Here are a few: bison, grizzly bear, black bear, marmots, elk, pelicans, geese, antelopes, picas, various squirrels & chipmunks, and birds! Also, we saw many thermal ground areas (geysers and hot springs). Shelley and I really preferred the hot springs and their wonderful colors. I also enjoyed the mud pots. Shelley and my mom were on a mission to get as many "stamps" from all the areas they are available in the park (Yellowstone had 8 different stamps) and we accomplished that barely.
- Shelley and I hiked up to an observation point to watch Old Faithful from afar, while my parents stayed at the lower viewing area. We were supposed to meet them after the geyser spouting, but they were nowhere to be found. So, we looked for them and went to the gift shops and bought some things and hoped to find them there, but no luck. We had the keys to the RV, too. So, we decided to head back to RV and maybe they would be waiting there for us. Low and behold they are inside the RV???? You may ask yourself how did they get in (we asked ourselves, too!)? Since the windows were open for Dallas, they were able to slide the screens over. Then, my dad hoisted my mom up to climb through the sliding side window and into the RV and unlocking the door for my dad to get in!
- Dallas doesn't like any wildlife that is in her view. So far, she has protected us from cows, horses, bison, elk, and a crazy lady trying to take up close & personal pictures of bears. The lady was afraid of Dallas' bark, but not afraid of bears?!?!?!?!
- Shelley was waiting for dumb tourists to get gored by a buffalo while they pushed their children about 2 feet from it eating. There are signs everywhere about them goring and that they can run 35 MPH. She was waiting for her chance to win $10,000 or more from America's Funniest Home Videos!
- I am really ready to come home now!
- Pictures from the past couple of days to come tonight.