Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Day!!!

Yesterday on June 29th, we drove from Bringham City, UT to St. George, UT. Shelley drove this stretch. We stopped at Zion Nat'l Park and took the shuttle bus through the main canyon, it was hot, but beautiful. Next, we finally got to stop at a Cracker Barrel!!! I've been hearing about these for the past few months from my Twitter friends Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus!! Let me just say that I love that place - kinda like Claim Jumper, but better. I don't understand why we don't have these in California. I had the Cracker Barrel Sampler dinner - meatloaf, chicken dumplings, and country ham. With three sides - cole slaw, fried okra, and a baked potato! All were excellent - I also sampled some country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and roast beef from the family. For dessert I had to try Blue Bell Ice Cream, since I've heard online about this brand of ice cream, too! Its very good, almost like homemade ice cream. We are stopping off at Snow Canyon State Park (a suggestion from a old high friend - thanks John!) on the way of the state. We are heading down the I-15 the rest of the way home - its soooo hot now, we already miss the cool mountain weather! Its been an adventure and lots of scenery and fun. RVing is pretty cool and we would suggest that you try it, I know we will again!

No comments:

Post a Comment